Signing These Petitions Can Help Reopen the Cases of Black People
The global protests calling for justice & fairness for Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Brianna Hill, and Tony McDade and reaffirming that Black lives matter really have now created a lasting impression on society & culture everywhere.
Previously, the protests, social media posts, petitions, and unlimited donations have caused the arrest of all 4 officers involved in Floyd’s murder, an FBI investigation into Taylor’s case, plans to defund the police, and a plan to pass Breonna’s Law that would restrict no-knock warrants. But the fight for justice doesn’t forestall here, and many on social media are calling to reopen the cases of Black folks that had been senselessly killed and deserved justice.
If you desire to continue & proceed to fight for Black lives and the many others we’ve lost already, sign those petitions, which name to reopen Tamir Rice’s, Sandra Bland’s, and Trayvon Martin’s cases, amongst others:
- Tamir Rice turned into 12 years old whilst the police shot and killed him for gambling in the park with a toy gun. The appeal calling to reopen & reestablish the case is close to its 1,500,000 signature goal, and every signature counts.
- Christian Taylor became shot and killed by a police officer in 2015. Taylor’s autopsy determined his purpose of loss of life as homicide; however, officer Brad Miller became only fired for “inappropriate judgment.”
- Kendrick Johnson changed into a found dead on a wrestling mat in a school gym in 2013. His own family believes he was murdered, and this petition (that is addressed to the U.S. Supreme Court) has more than 1,000,000 signatures so far.
- Darrius Stewart became killed in 2015, and although his mom keeps striving to document a case, the filings are repeatedly dismissed. His mom filed another action again in February, and this petition calls on Donald Trump, Senator Lamar Alexander, and the Tennessee House and Senate to comprehend the case & take measures.
- Kenneka Jenkins became discovered useless in a freezer in Crowne Plaza Hotel in 2017. According to this petition, the surveillance footage from the hotel appeared to be manipulated, and rape take a look at was not performed. Signing this will help reopen the case and decide what passed off to the younger woman.
- Darrien Hunt was killed through Utah police for cosplaying with a fake sword in 2014. He became shot and killed as he turned into walking for his life. This petition is calling for 75,000 signatures.
- Sandra Bland became arrested all through a routine site visitors prevent in 2015. She was discovered lifeless in her prison cellular three days later. This petition wishes about 200,000 more signatures earlier than it hits its goal.
- LaVena Johnson died even after serving her in Iraq in 2005. The Army claims she died by way of suicide, but her own family does not consider their account. So far, more significant than 33,000 humans are calling on the case to be reopened and investigated.
- Trayvon Martin became shot and killed through George Zimmerman in 2012. Zimmerman stayed free, auctioned the gun he used to kill Martin for $100,000, and had the courage to sue Martin’s family for defamation. Sign this petition to reopen his case.
Most of these petitions are *this close* to arrive at their signature purposes, so take just a few mins and raise your voice to be heard.